Our BALANCE Probiotic and Prebiotic combination product is designed specifically for patients losing weight and/or working to maintain weight loss.
Designed to help balance and support a healthy immune system and promote digestive health, our BALANCE may also assist with weight loss!*
Many factors can alter your gut flora and this product helps to restore balance in a small, easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsule.
- 28.5 billion CFU at time of manufacturing
- 15 billion CFU through date of expiration
- Includes 5 different probiotic strains
- Includes various strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium
- Gluten Free
Key Things to Look for in Our BALANCE Probiotic + Prebiotic Capsule:
- Small Capsule - Our small, easy to swallow vegetarian capsule, makes it easier than ever to take your probiotic and prebiotic.
- Level of Supplementation - Our probiotic includes 28.5 billion CFU at time of manufacturing and is guaranteed to have 15 billion CFU through the date of expiration, which is much higher than many other probiotic and prebiotic formulations!
- Storage - Our proprietary formulation is shelf stable and does not require refrigeration. Probiotic and Prebiotic - Our proprietary formulation includes 5 different strains of probiotics to help add BALANCE to your life! We also included prebiotics to help fuel the probiotics and allow them to function to their full potential.
Our proprietary formulation...
- Aids in maintaining intestinal health.
- Helps maintain balance of healthy microflora.
- May possibly reduce the risk of lactose intolerance symptoms.
- May reduce the incidence or duration of diarrhea and/or constipation, while improving regularity.
- May improve symptoms of bacterial overgrowth, including, nonspecific stomach pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
- May also improve gastrointestinal quality of life, including, but not limited to the foul smell of gas, belching, stomach noises, and heartburn.
- May assist with improving cholesterol parameters and possibly improve liver enzyme levels.
- May improve blood sugar and insulin parameters (i.e., blood sugar control or glucose intolerance).
- May reduce the risk of kidney stones and pouchitis.
- May reduce H. pylori levels.
- May boost the immune system.
- May increase vitamin B-12 absorption.
- May assist with weight loss and/or the reduction of fat mass.
- Please speak with your doctor before starting BALANCE Probiotic + Prebiotic. It is not for use in patients that are immunocompromised and caution is advised in critically ill patients and/or those on nutrition support. This product was designed for healthy adults.
- Speak with your doctor first, but most patients can start taking BALANCE Probiotic + Prebiotic within 3-6 weeks following bariatric surgery.
- If diarrhea or bloating occurs, reduce the dosage, or stop taking the product and speak with your doctor.
- Take with a meal or snack (or shortly thereafter) that is high in fiber.
- Do not take at the same time as hot beverages, alcohol, or an antibiotic (separate by at least 2 hours). Speak with your physician first, but it may be recommended to start a probiotic when taking an antibiotic to reduce the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea. Take the probiotic throughout the antibiotic dosing period, but do not take at the same time.
* Patients should follow the instructions of their bariatric surgeon regarding proper supplementation. Proper supplementation should be viewed as an individualized regimen based on each patient’s individual medical history, laboratory studies, and current medication use.
Woodard GA, Encarnacion B, Downey JR, et al. Probiotics Improve Outcomes After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery: A Prospective Randomized Trial. J Gastrointest Surg. 2009;13(7):1198-1204. Abstract available online at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19381735. Accessed October 27, 2016.
Jeppsson B, Mangell P, Thorlacius H. Use of Probiotics as Prophylaxis for Postoperative Infections. Nutrients. 2011;3(5):604-612. Full article available online at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257690/. Accessed October 27, 2016.
Delzenne NM, Neyrinck, AM, Cani PD. Modulation of the gut microbiota by nutrients with prebiotic properties: consequences for host health in the context of obesity and metabolic syndrome. Microbial Cell Factories. 2011;10(Suppl 1):S10. Full article available online at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3231917/. Accessed October 27, 2016.
Erejuwa OO, Sulaiman SA, Ab Wahab MS. Modulation of Gut Microbiota in the Management of Metabolic Disorders: The Prospects and Challenges. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15(3):4158-4188. Full article available online at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3975390/. Accessed October 27, 2014.