Bariatric Advantage Advanced Multi EA is our most advanced and highest potency multi in chewable tablet form, delivering 200% DV of 12 key nutrients along with 100% DV of 9 other essential nutrients. It features proprietary micelle technology, which has been clinically shown to improve absorption of critical fat-soluble like vitamins D and E. 1,2 Available in delicious Mixed Berry and Strawberry flavors.
Bariatric Advantage Advanced Multi EA is our most advanced and highest potency multi in chewable tablet form, delivering 200% DV of 12 key nutrients along with 100% DV of 9 other essential nutrients. It features proprietary micelle technology, which has been clinically shown to improve absorption of critical fat-soluble like vitamins D and E.1,2 Available in delicious Mixed Berry and Strawberry flavors.
- Designed with proprietary micelle technology to enhance nutrient absorption
- Delivers at least 200% DV of 12 Key Nutrients including critical fat soluble vitamins D (3,000 IU), E, and K, along with 45 mg of iron
- Provides a full complex of all B vitamins including at least 200% DV of vitamin B1 (12.5 mg), vitamin B12 (1000 mcg), and folic acid (800 mg)
- Delivers at least 100% DV of 8 other essential nutrients including vitamin A and 2 mg of copper as copper citrate which may be easier on the digestive system and may be preferred for bariatric surgery patients3
- Utilizes only water-miscible forms of vitamins E and D to support better nutrient absorption. Some bariatric surgery patients lack the necessary fat intake or do not completely absorb dietary fat that is necessary to absorb ordinary forms of these fat-soluble vitamins.
- Utilizes only vitamin D3, which is more bioactive and more effective than the D2 form. Vitamin D is critical for calcium absorption.
- Utilizes only natural source vitamin E
- Provides comprehensive trace mineral support with iodine; zinc as zinc amino acid chelate, which may be better absorbed and tolerated by some patients; selenium in selenomethionine form which is the preferred form for the correction of deficiency 4; along with copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum
- Contains boron to support maintenance of bone, choline which is Important for the metabolism of fat, and CoQ10 which supports cellular anti-oxidant activity and energy metabolism*
ASMBS and Bariatric Clinical Guidelines
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY), Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG), and Duodenal Switch (DS) patients are recommended to take a high potency multi-vitamin providing 200% daily value of 2/3 of key nutrients essential for bariatric surgery patients5,6 and which include vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin K, biotin, folic acid, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Quality absorbable form of nutrients should be used after bariatric surgery due to the absorption challenges of bariatric patients
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY) and Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG) patients are recommended to take dietary supplements as chewable or liquid in the first 1-3 months after surgery. Gastric Band (AGB) patients should always use chewable or liquid dietary supplements.
1.Papas K, Kalbfleisch J, Mohon R. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52(2):347-52.
2. Argao EA, Heubi JE, Hollis BW, Tsang RC. Pediatr Res. 1992;31(2):146-50.
3. Jacques, J. Micronutrition for the Weight Loss Surgery Patient. Edgemont: Matrix Medical Communications, 2006. 118.
4. Cummings, S. Pocket Guide to Bariatric Surgery, 2nd edition. Chicago: Cathy Iammartino, 2015. 225.
5.Aills, L, et al. ASMBS Allied Health Nutritional Guidelines for the Surgical Weight Loss Patient. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, Volume 4, Issue 5, S73-S108.
6.Mechanick, JI, et al. Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Perioperative Nutritional, Metabolic, and Nonsurgical Support of the Bariatric Surgery Patient—2013 Update: Cosponsored by American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, The Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery.